Saturday, February 26, 2011

Freedom

I woke up this morning feeling bitter.  I think sometimes we all get this way at times, when things in life just aren't moving fast enough.  It can be hard living in the middle of a season in a wilderness.  It has not been instant however, God has been showing me that things may not be where I would like them to be at this moment, but I am set free from so much.  So many things I have allowed myself to be taken captive by, have been loosed, and I have been able to stand up, and walk away, saying "You have no place in my life.  Leave, or I will!" 




Let's look at a city for example...  a city is not transformed over night.  Buildings take tons of work, and time to be remodeled, and tons of investment to afford this.  Likewise, being healed is like investing time in prayer, and surrounding oneself with people of greater knowledge, hope, and whom are at the places you desire to be in yourself.  Once you are in their place, you can then reach to those in your place at one point. 




I believe I have been set free of a few things so far, however have quite a way to go.  I still get down.  I still want to lay down, life is still hard, and I notice things around me, that may or may not be directed toward me, yet they crush me no less.  It can be so hard to find hope, however in these times of brokeness, the real healing takes place, the real character is formed, and the real liberation is happening.  A city is being reformed, restored, and exalted.


No comments:

Post a Comment