Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Faith n' Stuff




I'm starting to learn how God can provide, when I do not necessarily ask for anything.  An example, I gave $2 as an offering, and got $20 in the mail as a gift.  The night before when the offering was given, prayers were spoken over the money, and provision was spoken over us.  While this is still new, it is an interesting side of "Christianity".  I say that in quotations, because I often ask myself, what IS a Christian?  Am I even one?  Sure, I am a believer, but Christianity is a religion, and is seen as one by many.  While that is a misconception, Christianity has become in a league of its own.  Should we not break down that name, and open up our arms in love, and see Jesus as He is, and who GOD is?  So many of us proclaim our faith, but forget that faith is also needed in times of despair and loneliness.  This is where many of us- including myself, lose hope at times.  Life is good, it is so easy to say Praise God!!  But what about when it isn't so good?  I am still in a somewhat uneventful season in my life, it has not been where I feel the potential lies.  However I know I need to be here now, and soon will step up to the next level, hopefully a much better one at that. 

Is your faith in the source?  Or the resource?  Like anything, we cannot function or excersize our faith based upon our blessings, but we must base it upon the solid foundation of Jesus Christ, whom is the cornerstone, and will ALWAYS be there.  The Holy Spirit, ALWAYS in us as we invite into our hearts His power.  That is where our true power is.  With that, our faith is rock solid!  Though our faith will never be perfect.  Humanity has flaws and frusterations that won't cease until the day He comes to establish His Kingdom for eternity! 

No comments:

Post a Comment